August 9-12, 2023
The 12th Triennial Invitational Choice Symposium will be held on the 9th-12th of August of 2023, in France in Fontainebleau. Conference co-chairs Ziv Carmon and Paulo Albuquerque from INSEAD invite scholars who are interested in leading a workshop at the symposium to submit a proposal by November 1st, 2022.
The Choice Symposium provides a precious opportunity to spend 3 days attending a workshop with a small group of leading scholars, deeply discussing a major research question. Accepted workshop teams will have the opportunity to attend the Symposium as well as to submit a competitive paper for publication consideration in the International Journal of Research in Marketing (IJRM; impact factor 8.05).
Workshop Topic: Workshop proposals should focus on the study of topics relevant to the understanding of individual choice behavior and decision making, ideally spanning multiple academic disciplines.
Workshop Participants: Workshop organizers are responsible for recruiting a roster of participants for their proposed session. Each workshop proposal should include 12-15 participants (including the organizers). If a proposal is accepted, a minimum of 12 registered participants per workshop is required.
INSEAD is located 65km South of Paris. The best way to get there from the airport is by taxi and it is highly recommend that you book one before arrival with FB Taxis using their website:
- Select “Conf. Choice Symposium – August 2023” from the dropdown menu
- The estimated price from CDG to INSEAD is 160€ (8h30 – 18h15) or 185€ (18h15 -08h30 and Sundays)
- Please note, you have the option to share a taxi (thus splitting the cost) by ticking the box on the booking page
- You will receive a confirmation email after you have made your booking
- A few days before arrival you will receive an email with the contact details of your driver.
Feel free to email us with any questions or comments.
IJRM is pleased to announce a Special Section in collaboration with the 2023 Choice Symposium. Accepted/attending author teams are invited to submit a competitive paper coming out their workshop for publication consideration in IJRM.